waiting for signs...

waiting for signs
I used to wait for a sign, she said, before I did anything. Then one night I had a dream & an angel in black tights came to me & said, you can start any time now, & then I asked is this a sign? & the angel started laughing & I woke up. Now, I think the whole world is filled with signs, but if there’s no laughter, I know they’re not for me.
- storypeople

Monday 20 January 2014

Welcome to Sign Songlines


For a long time now, I have been fascinated by signs
- not by the message alone, but by the style and the colour and even the context.
The sign above is in the main street of Flinders on Westernport Bay.
There is no obvious name for the business - other than the address.
It is the stained glass studio of David Wright
- renowned for his glass work round Melbourne
(his art is held in the National Gallery of Australia collections)
and he has contributed his work to Australian film productions.
He has taught and lectured throughout Australia and overseas.
His website is HERE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...